The History of
Delta Kappa Epsilon
The Founders of DKE were
On Saturday, June 22, 1844, these Yale College undergraduates met in No. 12 Old South Hall and established a new society they called DELTA KAPPA EPSILON. The Fraternity's open motto, "Kerothen Philoi Aei"--or "Friends from the Heart, Forever"--was adopted, as was the DKE pin and the secret grip.
Since 1844, Deke has grown an international brotherhood
of more than 64 chapters, initiating more than 85,000 members
in the U.S. and Canada.